EML records are broadly utilized for putting away and moving email messages. Nonetheless, Standpoint, one of the most well-known email clients, may once in a while experience hardships while endeavoring to open EML records. This investigating guide plans to help clients in settling issues connected with opening EML documents in Standpoint. By adhering to the bit-by-bit guidelines framed beneath, you can beat normal hindrances and effectively view EML documents inside Standpoint.
Ensure the File Association:
One of the essential explanations behind issues with opening EML documents in Standpoint is an erroneous record affiliation. To confirm and address the document affiliation, follow these means:
- Right-click on an EML document and select “Properties.”
- In the “General” tab, find the “Opens with” area.
- Click the “Change” button and select Microsoft Viewpoint from the rundown of accessible projects.
- Take a look at the crate that says “Consistently utilize this application to open .eml records” and snap “Alright.”
- Double tap on an EML document to affirm assuming it opens accurately in Standpoint.
Update Outlook and Associated Programs:
Outdated software versions can lead to compatibility issues. Ensure that you are using the latest version of Outlook and related programs. Follow these steps to update Outlook:
- Unbar Outlook and click on the “File” tab.
- Select “Office Account” or “Account” (based on your version).
- Choose “Update Options” and then “Update Now.”
- Go around with the on-screen prompts to complete the update process.
Additionally, keep other associated programs, such as Windows and Microsoft Office, up to date to maintain compatibility with Outlook.
Repair Outlook Data Files:
Corrupted or damaged Outlook data files can prevent EML files from opening correctly. Use the built-in repair tool to fix these issues:
- Close Outlook and open the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Select “Programs” or “Programs and Features” and click on “Uninstall a Program.”
- Locate Microsoft Office in the list of installed programs and select “Change.”
- Choose “Repair” and follow the instructions to initiate the repair process.
- Restart your computer after the repair is complete and try opening the EML files again.
Disable Third-Party Add-ins:
Conflicting or outdated third-party add-ins can interfere with Outlook’s ability to open EML files. Disable add-ins to determine if they are the cause of the problem:
- Launch Outlook and go to the “File” tab.
- Click on “Options” and then select “Add-ins.”
- In the “Manage” dropdown, select “COM Add-ins” and click “Go.”
- Clear the checkboxes for any third-party add-ins and click “OK.”
- Restart Outlook and attempt to open the EML files once more.
Opening EML Files in Outlook using Third-party Tool:
If the above solutions fail, consider converting EML files to the PST format, which is compatible with Outlook. Many third-party tools are available for this purpose. Choose an EML to PST Converter tool that suits your requirements. Once you have converted the EML files to PST, you can import them into Outlook using the “Import” feature.
Troublesome issues with opening EML files in Outlook can be frustrating, but they are not insurmountable. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can resolve common obstacles and successfully open EML files in Outlook. Remember to verify the file association, update your software, repair Outlook data files if necessary, and disable any conflicting add-ins. If all else fails, consider converting EML files to the PST format using EML to PST Converter. With these troubleshooting techniques at your disposal, you can ensure a smooth experience when working with EML files in Outlook.
Read more blog: https://www.thesocialfolks.com/