Muzaffarnagar is one of the Famous city of State Uttar Pradesh. It is known as the Sugarbowl of Uttar Pradesh. It was Established in 1633 by the son of a Mughal Commander Sayyid Muzaffar Khan. Sugar and jaggery production are important industries of the Muzaffarnagar. Asia’s biggest jaggery market is Present in Muzaffarnagar. It has 8 Sugar Mills. Its also known as an industrial city with sugar, steel, and paper. It Contributes the highest agricultural GDP in Uttar Pradesh. The language of muzaffarnagar is Hindi. But day by day people speaks both Hindi and English.
Some Key Points about Muzaffarnagar
Geography: The city Muzaffarnagar covers an area of 204.8 km2 (79.1 sq m), which Dimensions is Length is 16.3 km (10.1 mi) and Width is 16 km (10 mi).
Demographics: According to the 2011 census, Muzaffarnagar municipality had a population of 392451 and the urban agglomeration had a population of 494792. The city has 55.79% of Hindus, 41.39% of Muslims, 1.7% of Jains, 0.67% of Sikhs, 0.67% of Buddhists, and 0.17% of Christian. The Effective literacy rate was 80.99%, where the male literacy rate was 85.82% and the female literacy rate was 75.65%.
Economy: Sugar and jaggery production are the main industries in this. It has 8 sugar mills. In Muzaffarnagar, More than 40% of the population is engaged in agriculture. According to Economic Research firm Indicus Analytics, it has the highest agricultural GDP in Uttar Pradesh.
Transportation: Muzaffarnagar is a good connected Network of roads and railways. Almost every train is halted in the Muzaffarnagar railway station. The Railway station has wifi connectivity and Clean platforms. Through Muzaffarnagar Railway station you can go to Saharanpur or Delhi city. Muzaffarnagar has its own Bus Stand called Roadways. NH-58 is connected through Muzaffarnagar. The highway is the pillar of road transportation for the Muzaffarnagar city as well as the region of Uttarakhand. Cities and areas of Hardwar, Rishikesh, Dehradun as well as Badrinath and Kedarnath are served by this highway.
Healthcare: it has one government hospital called district hospital which is available 24*7 for the public. The city is also catered by a private medical college (Muzaffarnagar Medical College). In Muzaffarnagar, there are lots of best doctors dr. Mukesh Jain is one of them. He is the most renowned orthopedician in the country especially when it comes to Joint Replacement Surgeries and Complex Trauma Surgeries.
Temples and Tourist Place: There are some Temples you should go to.
1. Hanuman Dham (Hanuman Dham Road, Shukratal, Uttar Pradesh 251316)
2. Vahelna Jain Temple (Muzaffarnagar-Shamli Bypass)
3. St.John’s Church (2- North Civil Lines, Court Road Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, India 251002)
4. Akshay Vat Vatika (Roadways Roadways Bus Stand – Muzaffarnagar – 28 Km Bhopa Pvt. Bus Stand – Distance – 28 Km)
5. Sankirtan Bhawan (Patel Nagar, New Mandi, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh 251001)
6. Sambhalheda Panchmukhi Shivling (Sambhalhera, Uttar Pradesh 251315)
7. Zoology Museum (Zoology Museum, Post Graduation Department of Zoology, Santan Dharam College, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh -251001.)
8. Shiv Chowk (Civil Lines South, Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh)
Famous Personalities of Muzaffarnagar :
1. Swami Kalyandev (an ascetic in the fields of education and social reform, awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India)
2. Nawazuddin Siddiqui (Bollywood Actor)
3. Sumit Jain (Entrepreneur, Co-Founder & CEO Opentalk.to | Co-Founder and Ex-CEO Commonfloor.com
4. Sanjeev Balyan (Politician, Member of parliament Muzaffarnagar Loksabha, Minister of State Indian Government)
5. Divya Kakran (Wrestler)
Malls in Muzaffarnagar For Shopping :
1. ASJ Grand Plaza Mall ( ASJ GRAND PLAZA MALL MALL, Uttar Pradesh ,251002)
2. Easy Day Club ( 786, Jat Colony, Civil Lines South, Circular Road, Civil Lines, Muzaffarnagar – 251001 )
3. Amazon LinQ Store ( Muzaffarnagar )
4. Bindal Sons (New Mandi, Muzaffaranagar)
Hotels & Restaurants :
1. Radiant Inn Hotels and Venues (Grand Plaza, opposite, Bhopa Rd, Muzaffarnagar)
2. Solitaire Inn ( NH-58, 6th mile stone Meerut Road, Uttar Pradesh 251001)
3. Moolchand Resorts ( 8th km stone, Meerut Rd, Bahadarpur, Uttar Pradesh 251003)
4. Namaste Midway (NH 58, Delhi-Haridwar Highway, near 104 Km Mile Stone, Mansurpur, Uttar Pradesh 251203)
5. Cheetal Grand (Khatauli Bypass, NH334, Khatauli, Uttar Pradesh 251201)
6. Devrana ( lot no: 318 , Akbarpur – Mansurpur, near Indian Oil Petrol Station, Munawwarpur Khurd, Uttar Pradesh 251203)
7. Hotel Grand Haveli Restaurant & Resort (NH58 Adjacent Petrol Pump, Muzaffarnagar 251201 India)
2013 Muzaffarnagar Riots :
The 2013 Muzaffarnagar riots between Hindus and Muslims resulted in 62 people Losing their lives. According to a May 2015 report in India Today, Shamli and Muzaffarnagar districts are considered the Most sensitive areas of communal violence that erupted in August and September 2013. More than 50 people had died and over 50,000 were homeless. The riot that ensued had immersed many districts of western UP.