Thunderbird vs. PST
The Microsoft Outlook program stores all data items in a file format called PST. Users of Outlook may back up their emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and journals by exporting them as PST files. Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, and other versions can all quickly import PST files.
Mozilla created Thunderbird, a cross-platform email client that is free and open-source. It has a tone of complex features and is simple to set up. You may use Thunderbird to simultaneously access numerous email accounts. It is offered for Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. The MBOX file format is supported by Thunderbird for storing mailbox data.
How to Open PST Files Quickly with Thunderbird?
Unfortunately, without Outlook, there is no manual way to import PST files into Thunderbird. However, this job may be carried out using third-party software. But they are unable to immediately import a PST file into a Thunderbird account. Because they support converting PST to MBOX, you must upload the MBOX file into Thunderbird thereafter. Additionally, you may import PST contacts into your Thunderbird profile using the program.
All PST file formats, including ANSI and UNICODE, password-protected, archived, and damaged, are supported by the program. Additionally, you may upload PST files from Outlook 2020, 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010 without encountering any compatibility problems.
This makes it simple to open a PST file with Thunderbird on Windows versions 11, 10, and 8. Additionally, users can attempt to import numerous PST files at once into their Thunderbird accounts.
Install TrustVare Outlook to MBOX Converter for free on your computer. The PST import to Thunderbird procedure may then be started by performing the steps listed below.
Without Outlook, how can I import PST to Thunderbird?
To immediately import PST files into Thunderbird without first downloading Outlook, follow these simple steps:
- Open the TrustVare PST to MBOX Converter after running it. Click Email Accounts, then choose PST file.
- Select MBOX by selecting the Export option from the top menu.
- Select the MBOX profile, then click Save to begin the import.
I’m done now! A completion notification will appear on the screen in a little while. You may now access a Thunderbird account and go over the uploaded information.
You can see how simple it is to use this application to open a PST file in Thunderbird without installing Outlook.
Top Features of the PST to MBOX Converter
The converter tool for Thunderbird open PST files is brimming with excellent features that consumers desire. Here are a few of them that we’ll mention:
- Direct and Accurate Utility: This is a direct and safe way to import PST files into Thunderbird without using the Outlook program. When uploading, not a single piece of information is altered. The original will be sent to you before uploading.
- Works with Damaged PST: It enables lossless upload of damaged PST files. Additionally, PST files that are archived and password-protected can be uploaded.
- No Outlook Necessary: Without installing Outlook, you may use this standalone program to import PST files into Thunderbird. Additionally, regardless of the Outlook version from which they were produced, it supports any PST files.
- Support Windows OS: On both the most recent Windows 11 and earlier Windows versions, you can import PST to Thunderbird without using Outlook thanks to this totally Windows-based tool.
- Upload Selected Items: You can add filters to PST data items before beginning the procedure and upload just selected things. To do this, choose the Search button and search emails using various criteria, such as date, time, attachment, name, to, cc, and subject.
Without using the Outlook program, there is no way to manually import PST files into Thunderbird. In order to enable direct PST import into a Thunderbird account, we recommended the finest migration program. Therefore, after reading the aforementioned article, you are completely aware of how Thunderbird can import PST files without installing Outlook as well as if Thunderbird can open PST files.