With Microsoft Outlook, which is a popular email program, you can easily and effectively manage your emails, calendars, contacts, and tasks. However, importing emails into Outlook can be difficult for customers who get emails in the EML file format. Other email programs like Mozilla Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail are frequently linked with EML files. But don’t worry! You may access all of your messages in one place by following the instructions in this blog post on how to effectively import EML files into Outlook.
Why Import EML Files to Outlook?
Several situations, including switching from one email client to another, moving to a new computer, or combining email data for better organization and accessibility, necessitate the need to import EML files to Outlook. Users can benefit from Outlook’s powerful features, greater integration, and user-friendly interface by importing EML files into the program.
Let’s get started with the step-by-step instructions for importing EML files into Outlook.
Track down the EML files:
Make sure the EML files you want to import are available before we continue. These files might be kept on the hard disc of your computer, on a USB device, or in a special folder inside of your email client.
Convert EML Files to PST Format:
Outlook uses the PST (Personal Storage Table) format to store email data, so we need to convert the EML files to PST format before importing them.
There are multiple methods to accomplish this conversion:
Using an EML to PST Converter Tool:
Several third-party software tools are available that can easily convert EML files to PST format. But you choose EML to PST Converter Tool to convert EML files to PST format.
Using Microsoft Outlook:
Microsoft Outlook may be used to manually convert EML files to PST format if that’s your preference. This is how:
- Start your computer’s Microsoft Outlook program.
- In Outlook, make a new folder into which you will import the EML files. The folder can have any name you choose.
- Right now, access the folder containing your EML files.
- Choose the EML files you want to import (use the CTRL or Shift key to select multiple files at once).
- Drag and drop the chosen EML files into the Outlook folder you just made. The files will be imported into Outlook and converted automatically to PST format.
PST File Import into Outlook:
It’s now time to import the PST file into Outlook once the EML files were successfully converted to PST format.
How to do it is as follows:
- In Microsoft Outlook, select the “File” option.
- Click “Open & Export” and then click “Import/Export.”
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select “Import from another program or file” and then click “Next.”
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and press “Next.”
- Click “Browse” to find the PST file you previously converted from an EML file.
- Select the preferred duplication handling option and then click “Next.” Choose the location where you wish to import the EML data in step
- Choose the folder where you wish to import the EML data. You can either make a new folder or import it into an existing one.
- Click “Finish” to start the import procedure.
EML Data Import Verification:
Navigate to the chosen folder in Outlook when the import is finished to make sure all of your EML data was correctly imported.
At a first, glance, importing EML files into Microsoft Outlook may appear like a difficult undertaking, but with the appropriate strategy, it can be a straightforward procedure. You may effortlessly condense your email data and make use of Outlook’s robust capabilities by converting the EML files to PST format and then importing them into Outlook.
Remember that you have the option of performing the conversion and import using built-in features of Outlook from Microsoft or third-party software programs. Whatever approach you decide on, following the instructions in this article will guarantee a successful import of your EML files into Outlook, consolidating all of your email conversations.
Start making use of Outlook’s all-inclusive email management features right away!
Read more blog: https://www.thesocialfolks.com/