Are you sick of deleting duplicate PST files? Do you wish to remove PST files with many duplicates? Don’t worry; the answer is right here. You can discover many techniques to combine and eliminate duplicates in PST files in this article.
Your Outlook mailbox’s emails, contacts, notes, and tasks are all stored in a PST file, also known as a personal storage table. If the data is destroyed or erased, PST files are utilized as backups and may be simply recovered in Outlook.
Almost all know that when the user loses crucial data, backup is one of his or her key saviors. Most email clients automatically produce the majority of backup files. One of them, Microsoft Outlook, makes a backup file when its Inbox Repair Tool Wizard is being used. Therefore, if the PST file is damaged, the user can restore her PST file using his BAK file.
Typically while configuring an Outlook POP3 account. Save every information on her PC’s PST file, including emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, and notes. Therefore, if there are duplicate messages in the PST file while storing Outlook PST, they will also show up in the .bak file.
User Needs to Remove Duplicates from PST File for the Following Reasons
- Multiple businesses give you the same spam through Outlook, some of which duplicate your inboxes by sending the same newsletter or email repeatedly.
- Outlook makes numerous copies of the same email when a user chooses to leave a message on the server.
- Multiple copies of the same email are continuously synced with Outlook email.
- Duplicate emails may also be produced by antivirus software from a third party in Outlook PST files.
How to Manually Delete Duplicates from Outlook PST Format?
The removal of duplicate Outlook PST files may be done in a number of ways. The following is a list and description of some of the greatest. Therefore, you may select any approach based on your demands.
Method 1: Remove duplicates using the Import/Export Wizard
- Users can remove duplicate emails in Outlook PST files by using the import/export capability. To finish the procedure, adhere to the procedures given below.
- Initially, launch Outlook and choose File Options >> Export & Open Optional Import-Exports
- Now From the Import/Export Wizard, choose Import from another application or file >>>. Next, click.
- Click the Next button after choosing Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Once you’ve located the.pst file, click the Browse button and select the don’t import duplicates option.
- Press the “Finish” button once all the settings have been made.
Method 2: Use the Cleaner Tool to Eliminate Duplicates from the PST File
- Microsoft offers a cleanup tool to make it easier for you to get rid of redundant Outlook files.
- Start Outlook first
- After that, extend the Cleanup tool by clicking on it on the ribbon bar.
- The three options are Clear Conversation, Clear Organize folders, and Clean up folders and subfolders as you expand it.
- Go ahead and choose the option to clear subfolders and folders.
- As soon as this happens, a dialog window will ask if you want to continue cleaning or cancel. Simply select the Clean Folder option.
- To access the Deleted Items folder, select the Settings option.
- The Settings box for Outlook Options will appear after clicking it. Select Browse from the menu.
- Select the removed items now, and then click OK.
- Once all the settings are complete, choose Clean Folder to eliminate duplicate entries from the Outlook PST file.
Negative Aspects of Manual Methods
Only when there is a very little amount of mailbox data are any of the manual techniques previously outlined helpful. However, if your Microsoft Outlook PST file has a large amount of mailbox data, you can run into issues, such as not being unable to count the precise number of files that are duplicated in your Outlook mailbox.
While utilizing the cleaning tool, error messages like “Message wasn’t cleared up” started to emerge. Only emails that adhere to your strict standards for cleanliness and irritation will be discarded. Duplicate PST files can no longer be deleted.
Professional Solution: – Outlook PST Duplicate Remover
Using the manual technique can result in certain problems in the area covered above. Therefore, you can use an automatic solution if you’re seeking for a quick and effective way to remove duplicate emails from an Outlook PST file. One of the most recent programs that may quickly eliminate all duplicates from a PST file is Softaken Outlook Duplicate Remover Software.
This program allows users to simultaneously eliminate duplicates from numerous Outlook PST files. After removing the duplicate files from Outlook, create a report with all the information about the duplicate items. The advantage of this program is that, following the deletion of Outlook duplicates, it just offers a report including all duplicate data.
Steps to Remove Duplicate Items from Outlook PST
- Download and Run PST Duplicate Remover Tool, and
- Select one or more PST/OST files, then click browse.
- Check the Preview of selected of PST/OST files for evaluation
- Duplicate items include Mails, Notes, Contacts, Journals, Calendars, and Tasks. Make a note of the items you want. There are two ways to remove duplicate Outlook entries: Removes duplicate items from all Outlook data file folders.
a. Remove duplicates across all folders.
b. The folder’s duplicates are deleted — each folder’s duplicates are eliminated.
- To save PST files, choose a location for the output.
- Select “Remove Duplicate Emails” from the menu.
We talk about mailbox size difficulties brought on by duplicate items in PST in this blog. Explains how to manually delete duplicates from a PST file. Nevertheless, the manual process does not produce acceptable outcomes. Users can utilize the finest Softaken Outlook duplicate removal tool and third-party applications like the automated solution to quickly and securely erase duplicate emails from Outlook in this situation. Duplicate Outlook elements including emails, notes, diaries, contacts, calendars, and tasks without erasing the original data.