Nowadays many of us start and end our days by checking our Gmail emails. Because Gmail stores all the necessary and crucial information of users, there is no doubt that Gmail is one of the most reliable email clients. But, still, many times users need to Export Gmail emails because it stores business and personal information. So it is essential for us to store Gmail emails on the hard drive. However, there are many scenarios in which users might be confused about which format will be best to store Gmail emails. But the majority of users want to Export Gmail emails to PST because PST files are one of the most secure file formats.
So in this article, we will discuss some methods to migrate Gmail emails to Office 365 account in an effective manner. Here you will also get to know why the majority of users want to Export Gmail emails to PST. But before moving to the methods, we must know why everyone wants to save Gmail emails as PST.
Why Do Users Want to Export Gmail Emails to PST?
Here are some common reasons that users are attracted to exporting Gmail data in PST format.
- PST files are compact file formats. Users can easily transfer the data from one system to another.
- There are proper security features available to implement in PST files to save data items for forbidding access
- Archiving data helps users to clean their storage, which is why it is very cost-effective for users
- Sometimes users face technical glitches like server downtime or an Internet connectivity issue. Users can access their data whenever they want by keeping their data in the local system.
Ways to Export Gmail Emails to PST
In this section, we will discuss manual and professional methods to Export Gmail Emails to PST. You might feel that manual procedure is a little lengthy because you need good technical knowledge to understand manual methods. The professional method is quite easier than the manual method because here we use a third-party tool that can easily export Gmail data in the desired format. Let’s start with the professional tool.
Professional Method to Export Gmail Emails to PST
Everyone wants an easy and effortless method to complete their task. Corbett Gmail Backup Tool provides you with an all-in-one solution to import Gmail emails to Outlook. This software allows you to Export Gmail data in bulk and you can use the advanced features for desired output.
Some features are given below-
- This software allows you to save Gmail data in multiple formats without data loss
- It saves a lot of time and effort for users
- It is available for the latest version of Windows and Mac OS
- There are no file size restrictions when backing up Gmail.
- A free demo version is also available
Now have a look at the Working of Software
- Download the above-mentioned backup tool and install it on your system
- Click on “Open” on the top-left of the corner
- Tap on “Email Account”>> “Add Account”
- Fill in your email address and password, then click the “Add” button.
- Tap the “Export Button” and select the “PST” format.
- Now “Browse” the location to save your PST file
- Click the “Save” button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Manual Method to Export Gmail Emails to PST
The manual method consists of three steps, follow both steps for the desired result
Step-1: Enable IMAP Setting in Gmail Account
- Open Gmail and log in with your credentials, and tap on “Settings”
- Click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP,” and after that “Enable IMAP” in the “IMAP Access”
- Tap on “Save Change”
Step-2: Configure Gmail Account with Outlook
- Open Outlook and tap on “FIle”
- Click on “Add Account”
- Then enter your details, such as name, Gmail id, and password, and click on the “Next” button
Step-3 Export PST File
- Open Outlook and click on “File” again
- Then click on “Import/Export” and then on “Export to a File” and “Next” button
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and continue with the “Next” button
- Select a destination path to save the PST file and Export
In this article, we have learned how we can export Gmail emails to PST manually as well as professionally. The manual method is a little lengthy and has some drawbacks that users face while exporting Gmail data. To avoid the drawbacks, we have a professional method that can make your task very easy. If you want an easy and effortless solution, you can go with the professional method.
Read More: How to Backup Gmail Emails?