Are looking to archive or delete your emails in Gmail? Well, look no further. In this blog, we will tell you the expert solution to do both. We will share the differences between both actions and how they serve the users. So, read this blog till its end and see which action is better suited for you.
Looking to free up storage space in your Gmail account and thinking which would be better: archiving or deleting? Here, in this blog post, we have explained how both actions work and which one is better suited to which scenario.
What is Archiving Emails in Gmail?
Archiving Gmail emails mean moving selective emails from the inbox folder to a different folder. This practice is usually done to declutter the inbox of unnecessary emails that are always preventing quick searches. In Gmail, archived emails are moved from the inbox folder to the All Mail folder. However, the archived emails are only moved from one folder to another. This doesn’t play any role in freeing the storage space of your Gmail account. So, what can be done to do so?
What is Deleting Emails in Gmail?
When you delete an email message in Gmail, it moves to the Trash Bin folder. It stays there for 30 days from the time of deletion and then Gmail automatically clears it out, making it irrecoverable. Thus, it is advised that you only delete emails completely unnecessary to you, so you don’t lose the important ones.
Disadvantages of Both Archiving and Deleting
- Archiving emails in Gmail doesn’t free up the storage of the Gmail account. So, if you want to free up storage then, you’d have to look for an alternative.
- Deleting emails makes them irrecoverable after 30 days. So, if you fail you recover an email message from the trash bin in under 30 days then, your email will be gone forever.
The disadvantages of these actions urge users to look for an alternative where their emails stay safe and their Gmail storage space also frees up. This is where backing data up comes in. When you download Gmail emails to computer, you store a copy of your mailbox and then you can also delete the existing data from the account to free up storage space. So, how to do that? Check out the next segment for that.
Backup Gmail Emails to Free Storage Space
The Corbett Gmail Backup Tool is the perfect solution to back up and archive your Gmail emails to free up storage space. This software is an expert favorite as it is specially designed to cater to the needs of all categories of users. It supports backing up your Gmail account data in bulk mode to save time and effort. It also provides the option to back up only selective data as per the user’s preference. Moreover, regardless of which Windows version you use, you can install and run this utility as it is compatible with all versions of the Windows OS.
Steps to Backup and Archive Gmail Emails
- Download and install the IMAP backup tool on your Windows system and click on the Open button.
- Then, click on Email Accounts > Add Account to add your Gmail account to the software to back up its data.
- Enter your Gmail account credentials in the required fields for the software to load data and generates in preview in the dedicated panel.
- Preview your data and click on the Export tab. Then, choose the desired format or destination to back up your data in.
- Lastly, use the provided advanced options and click Save.
So, this was the quick and easy step-by-step procedure to back up and archive emails in Gmail to free up storage space. Furthermore, you can also utilize this tool to clone Gmail account.
In this above-mentioned article, we have mentioned what is archiving and deleting emails. Moreover, we discussed their disadvantages as well. Along with that, we told you an incredible alternative to save your important emails and also free up Gmail storage space. We hope you found this article helpful.
Read More Blogs: