If you want an authentic and fast solution to access the OST file in Outlook, keep reading this article till the end. In this article, we have discussed the two methods to easily access OST files in Outlook without losing data using OST Converter.
Outlook is an email client service; it is part of the Microsoft Office suite it is making for Windows and Mac systems, and it offers many features like a task manager, calendar, contacts, notes, journal, managing emails, and more. It must be used as a stand-alone application or to work with an Exchange server. The OST file is used to save this mailbox data when associated with the Exchange server.
An Ost file is an offline storage data file that is a secure file of Microsoft Outlook because an OST file stores an offline copy of an Outlook mailbox item on the server, so it allows the user to view the data and even edit the file data without a server connection. If you want to access the mailbox in the file type PST, you must export it into PST (personal storage table) format.
Why Does the User Need to Open an OST File?
There are multiple reasons why users need to open an OST file. Some very common reasons are mentioned below.
- When a user has an orphaned OST file on their device and wants to open the data in the OST file.
- When the user was working on the system and the accidentally deleted account was on the Exchange server.
- A client or friend sends an OST file, and the user does not have MS Outlook installed or configured on the server.
How to Access OST File in Outlook Using Manual Method
Follow the steps given below to open an OST file with Microsoft Outlook.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click the File tab and then the Open & Export tab.
- Go to the “Import & Export” button. Select the Export to File option. Choose the “Next” option.
- Select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and then select the “Next” button.
- Choose the folder you wish to export. Continue by clicking Next.
- Then click the “Browse” option and choose a location for the backup file.
- Finally, press the “Finish” button to initiate the migration.
The OST file will open in Microsoft Outlook, and you will be able to access the mailbox icon by following these instructions. However, since the manual method is not particularly secure, there is a greater chance of data loss.
Professional Method to Access the OST File in Outlook
This method will explain the best solution for opening an OST file in Outlook. Install the Bitrecover OST to PST Converter Tool to access the OST file without harming your data file. This trusted tool allows the user to save emails in PDF, PPT, DOC, and XLS file formats using a Windows or Mac system. And providing higher security so there are no chances of losing data.
- Download the OST Converter on your window machine and launch it.
- Browse the OST file and upload them into the software panel.
- Select the PST option in the Several options.
- Browse the result Location then press the convert to get the output quickly.
Major Benefits of Automated Solution
- Easily Convert OST to PST with Emails, Contacts, Tasks, Calendars, Journals, Notes, and More.
- OST stores email attachments in their native file formats such as PDF, PPT, DOC, XLS, etc.
- There is no limitation on the size of an OST file: browse and convert OST files of any size to PST format.
- Allows easy conversion of hosted Exchange Server OST files to PST format.
- It allows the to user Convert encrypted, password-protected, and corrupted offline OST files to PST file format.
In the post, we explain the Outlook files and the top reasons to read OST files in Outlook. After that, we explained how to convert an Outlook OST file to a PST file format, as there is no way to open an OST file. However, with the best professional OST opener software, you can convert your Outlook OST file into various file formats.