When you take a picture, most digital devices store some metadata (called EXIF files). Associated with this image. Depending on the digital device, this may include location, coordinates, date, time, device, model and manufacturer, and the configured setting used to click the picture. Posting this image online to social media creates privacy issues for the owner and subjects of the image.
Luckily, it’s relatively easy to remove metadata from images before publishing them. It’s a good decision to remove all potentially sensitive information from images stored on an unsecured path, such as an unencrypted cloud platform, or on the device itself. You may even be able to change the settings on your device to default limited metadata stored.
Reason To Erase EXIF Data From A PNG
- GPS coordinates provide location data.
- Date and time the picture was taken.
- The device details and manufacturer.
- Aperture, shutter speed, and ISO sensitivity.
- The name and version of the editing software are used.
How To Remove Sensitive Information From A PNG Using Manual Approach?
Follow the given instructions to clear metadata from PNG images.
- Download an image editing program such as GIMP or Adobe Photoshop.
- Open your image if you want to remove sensitive details.
- Select the file option in the top menu bar and click on the property options.
- Manually remove metadata from the image, and then save the image with a new name.
Restrictions Of Manual Approach
- This process will take a lot of free time, and you will have to remove the details one by one.
- There is no guarantee of a complete and expected result.
- Manually removing details from multiple images can result in data loss. If you’re not careful, you could accidentally delete important data that could be useful in some other way.
How To Erase EXIF Data From A PNG Using A Professional Tool?
Metadata Eraser is an all-in-one solution to remove metadata from an unlimited number of images, videos, documents, and other files without limitations. The amazing thing about this software is that you can use it to remove metadata from bulk files.
- First, install and launch a metadata eraser on your PC.
- Then tap on the option and browse the images as you like.
- This utility automatically and quickly add all selected items to the software panel.
- Now tap on the active option and then tap on Clear data.
- Finally, browse the selected desired destination and click on the “Save” button.
Why Professional Wizard Is A Prime Choice Of Users?
- This application can remove metadata from multiple images in a single attempt.
- It also offers the filter features to delete metadata from the selected files or folders.
- If you remove metadata from the XLSX, images, all other data credentials are preserved.
- It also provides the ability to select output destinations based on your preference.
- This process does not require the installation of any additional application.
In the description above, we have explained the correct solution to remove sensitive information from a PNG completely manually and using an automated approach. Manual approaches have several disadvantages and limitations. Therefore, we recommend you opt for a professional wizard. With the proposed software, anyone can easily finish the operation. This tool is easy to use and specially designed for all types of users.