An EML file is the plain text format of an email message. It contains sender/recipient information, headers, attachments, hyperlinks, etc. It contains a single email message, so if you have 10 email messages, you have 10 EML files. Clients supported by EML files are Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Incredimail, and many more email clients. If you have an EML file and want to migrate to Outlook. Then you cannot migrate to Outlook directly. So, on this page, we have explained the correct process to open and edit an EML file in Outlook. Read the posts to the end to find the best way to access EML files in Outlook using EML Converter.
Reason to Open EML File in Outlook
- Users who want to migrate from Thunderbird to Outlook must then be prompted to transfer the EML file to PST.
- EML file can only store single emails while PST file stores multiple emails with attachments and also stores contacts, tasks, journals, and other mailbox data.
How To Manually Transfer An EML File To Outlook?
You can use a manual approach to transfer EML files, but before you decide, please read their pros and cons. To complete this process, you need to install Outlook and configure your email account with it. Now follow the given solution to transfer the EML file to Outlook.
- Open the EML file and select all you want to transfer.
- Open Outlook and create a new folder in your mailbox.
- The EML file was previously moved to the newly created folder in Outlook.
- Then in Outlook go to File and click Open and Export.
- After that, tap on Import and Export Options.
- Before you click Next, in the Import/Export Wizard, select Export to a file.
- Then click on the selected Outlook Data File (.PST).
- Here select all the EML files that you have moved to a new folder in Outlook.
- Browse the output file location and click Do not import duplicates.
- Finally, click Finish.
Disadvantages Of Using the Manual Approach
- It only applies to a few EML files.
- Technical guidance is required during the process.
- Generally, files get corrupted.
- Skipping steps will result in data loss.
- It does not provide accurate results compared to the original.
How Do I Migrate An EML File To Outlook?
You can use the best and best techniques to migrate EML files to PST. In this solution, we use EML to PST Converter with Bitrecover Software. With the help of this application, you can convert unlimited emails with no upcoming traffic. This software is specially designed to convert EML files to PST with full privacy. It provides an exact file intact as the original.
- Download and install software on your windows software.
- Select and add EML files using the software control panel.
- Then choose the PST file format in the export options.
- Here select the destination path and click Convert.
Why do Professionals User Always Use Automated Software?
- You can use the advanced email filter option to convert selected emails by date range, subject, and sender/recipient.
- You can convert EML to PDF, TXT, MBOX, and 17+ file formats.
- Migrate EML to Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL Mail, and 16+ email services.
- You can select files or folders and export single or multiple PST files as per your need.
- This software is compatible with all Windows operating systems (32/64bit).
In this post, we have explained the process of opening and editing an EML file in Outlook. One is manual and the other is an automated tool. Due to several limitations and disadvantages. We recommend you choose an automated tool. To prevent restrictions and data loss. When we convert important emails, a trustworthy tool is required. This software is a highly trusted and expert-tested tool.
Also Discussed: How Do I Export PST Files From Outlook 2011 For Mac?