Leaving sensitive information on disk before sharing it with another user is an open invitation to trouble. So, read this comprehensive guide to learn why I wipe hard drives before donating my computer, with a solution that’s trusted and tested by a technical expert and IT admin.
When equipment is no longer used, donation is the best decision. Several organizations donate old laptops, computers, flash drives, hard drives, or other digital devices to the foundation. However, they contain business data such as personal information, employers, investors, and other financial records. Simply formatted computers or laptops can be easily recovered with third-party data recovery software. So, let’s see the reason before the solution of wiping the hard drive permanently without leaving any trace. So let’s get to the bottom of it first
Reason To Wipe Hard Drive Before Donating My Computer
- If you have decided to donate your old system to charity.
- To keep secure confidential information inaccessible to others.
- If you still want to protect personal information that is not accessible to others.
- It is also helpful in boosting the performance of computers.
How To Wipe Hard Drive Before Donating My Computer?
If you are an internet user, you must know that there are many tools on the internet claiming to erase hard drives. But most are not functional and others do not live up to your expectations. Therefore, we recommend you opt for the Data Erasure software. We fully guarantee this tool that can erase an entire hard drive without leaving any traces.
Note: Make sure all important data has been moved to another storage device before starting this process. Because after the data destruction process has started, there is no software that can recover the data (even by yourself).
- Install and launch the data eraser on your PC.
- Browse the folder and drive that you want to delete.
- Select the filter and select other required files to delete.
- Finally, press the delete button to start data shredding.
Highlighted Features Of Using Data Erasure
- It allows you to erase more than 40 storage devices.
- It also provides a filter option to select by name, file size, and overwritten text data.
- This tool is easy to use for all types of computer users.
- You can also check out the Top 5 data Erasure software.
- There is no need to install any additional application to complete the erasing process.
In this description, we have described the complete information about wiping the hard drive before donating my computer. In addition, we have also discussed one of the most trusted and tested applications to complete the erasing process. This software is tested by technical experts and IT administrators before launch and recommended to every user. It is one of the most trusted applications by millions of users.