Summary: Office 365 user sometimes requires creating a copy of the data into some of the file formats like the PST. If you are looking for a solution that can export Office 365 mailbox to PST file, in this write-up, you will find the solution and some reasons behind the user intention.
Exporting the Office 365 mailboxes will be handy in various situations and also to prevent undesired circumstances. In addition, some users need to export Office 365 mailbox to PST to fulfill their requirements, such as creating a backup, sharing data with others, etc.
Talking about how users can approach this process then, manual methods and third-party software will be two available solutions. However, many users will face issues while implementing manual techniques. In this article, we will offer you some procedures to deal with the required task of exporting Office 365 data.
Why do users need to export Office 365 data into PST?
Users must make a copy of their data to isolate them from undesired future events like the loss of data. However, the reasons can deviate from one user to another, but we have prepared a list of some common reasons.
- As Office administrator, many of them will be aware of the attack of the hacker, which can steal the organization’s essential data. So, to prevent a data loss situation, many of them look to export Office 365 mailbox to a PST file.
- Any data that gets deleted then can be restore within 30 days. Therefore, due to the lack of an Office 365 data retention policy, users should have a backup copy.
- Users who need to access their data without the need for an internet connection and the control of Microsoft.
- The requirement to share the data with other teams for auditing, mergers & acquisitions, and many others.
So, it is clear that the user’s intention to export Office 365 mailbox to PST will help them to overcome the above showed situation.
Solution to export the data from Office 365 Mailboxes
Microsoft has not specially designed any tool through which users can export Office 365 mailbox. But with the help of the e-discovery content search technique, it is possible to extract data. But the process is quite lengthier, and a novice user can face difficulties while handling it.
However, to make it easier, we have listed the detailed procedure to backup Office 365 emails in the form of PST files.
- First, open the Office admin centre through the credentials of the admin.
- Once logged-in then, kindly search for permission and select e-discovery manager.
- If you want to make any changes, you can do it by clicking on edit group role.
- Now go back to the permissions, where you will find Search. Click on Content Search.
- To create new searches, kindly fill in the required info on Name & description, location, and condition. Once done, then finally review your search and click on Submit.
- Now you need to download the export key. In the export result, kindly click on Export.
- After that, you need to click on the export result; then, you need to paste the key and enter the location to save the resultant file. Once done, click on the Start button.
This Office 365 mailbox backup process is time-consuming, and also, there is no specific data filter option available using users can process their data. Even a non-technocrat will face many complexities while implementing the process. So therefore, it is clear that there is a need to look for some alternative solution which is easy to use and has no limitations.
Professional tool to backup Office 365 data
As we have seen that there are various shortcomings in the process to backup Office 365 emails which creates the need to introduce an alternative solution.
We would advise users to look at some third-party software to overcome from the manual method problems.
Use the Shoviv Office 365 backup and restore tool to create a backup of single or multiple mailboxes. Using the tool, you can also view the complete items of the Office 365 mailbox in the software preview pane. If users need to backup selected data, they can use its data filter option.
The tool also offers a backup scheduling option, which can be convenient for most users if they want to automate the whole process.
Having a backup always benefits whether any user suffers from data loss situations or wants to share their data with others. Here, we have provided a few methods to export Office 365 mailbox to PST to make it easier and more comfortable for those who struggle. Also, we recommend users examine the software by using their free demo version. Its free version will allow users to only process the first 50 items/folder.