You must convert OLM to PST format to view your Outlook for Mac data in Windows Outlook if you just migrated from a Mac to a Windows PC. To transfer your email data and other objects from Mac OLM to PST for Windows Outlook, read this blog article for a step-by-step tutorial on how to convert OLM to PST.
Overview of OLM and PST File Formats
Outlook for Mac stores email messages, contacts, calendar entries, and other data in OLM (Outlook for Mac) files. However, PST (Personal Storage Table) is the format used by Windows Outlook. As a result, you need to convert the OLM file to the PST format to transfer emails from Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook.
When you need to convert from Outlook for Mac to Windows Outlook, OLM to PST conversion is required. You may easily move your mailbox data from a Mac computer to a Windows PC by converting OLM files to PST format. With the help of this conversion, you may use Windows Outlook to access your emails, contacts, calendars, and other objects.
Relevance of OLM to PST Conversion
For several reasons, converting OLM to PST format is essential.
- Because OLM files cannot be opened by Windows Outlook, converting them to PST ensures smooth data movement.
- Accessible Data: Converting guarantees that your email, contacts, and other information on a Windows PC are accessible.
- Data Integrity: During the conversion, a trustworthy conversion procedure guarantees the correctness and integrity of your email data.
Without Outlook, how can I import OLM to PST?
The two techniques for importing OLM to PST are as follows:
- Direct Process
- Manual Method
With this technique, you can accurately convert OLM to PST in one step. You may use the OLM Converter Tool to do this. With this utility, you may export any number of OLM mailboxes to PST on a Mac in a single operation. Both professional and non-professional users may utilize the software’s user-friendly interface with ease. The procedures for utilizing this instrument are simple to understand and follow. You may convert and view all of your OLM data in PST format with only three easy clicks. This program is one of the best OLM to PST Converter tools available on Google.
Furthermore, this solution is outfitted with cutting-edge features that guarantee comprehensive outcomes in a flash. You can be confident that all of your original data will be kept intact.
Instructions for Exporting an OLM File to a PST File
- Open the TrustVare OLM Converter Application on your Windows System.
- To add the desired OLM files to the program, select “Add File(s)”. A whole OLM folder may also be loaded using the “Add Folder” button.
- To continue, click “Next” when the files have been uploaded.
- Checkboxes will be placed next to each item when the software displays the OLM folder elements hierarchically.
- Click “Next” after selecting the files you wish to import into the PST format.
- Select PST as the saving format by clicking “Select Saving Option” on the menu.
- Select the PST file format’s sub-options, then click “Export” to start the conversion process.
- Now OLM to PST conversion will start. The Live Conversion Screen allows you to keep track of the progress of the converted files.
The process will be carried out efficiently by the program. You may either use Outlook’s import/export feature to import the PST file when the conversion is complete.
Method 2: Manual OLM to PST Conversion
Follow these 5 steps to manually convert OLM to PST:
Open a Google Mail IMAP account
- For this procedure, use your previous account.
- Make sure IMAP Settings are turned on. If not, turn it on before continuing.
Configure your IMAP account in Outlook for Mac.
- Select the Tools menu in Outlook for Mac, then click the Accounts tab.
- To add a new account to the Accounts page, click the “+” button.
- Select the email option and enter the necessary information, such as your email ID and password.
- Enter “imap.gmail.com” as the incoming server.
- Select “Use SSL Connect” and type “smtp.gmail.com” for the outgoing server.
- Click “Add Account” after changing the outgoing port to 465.
On the left pane, a yellow button will appear asking you to enter the password. Once the password has been validate, the button will turn green, signify a successful connection.
Export OLM from Outlook for Windows
- Pick “Copy” and then pick the relevant folder from the OLM file that you wish to transfer.
- Select the relevant Gmail folder for the location of the data transmission.
- Reload your Google Mail account after the files have been upload.
Set up the identical Google Mail account in Windows Outlook
- On your Windows PC, launch Microsoft Outlook, and select “File”.
- “Account Setting” may be found in the right pane.
- On the screen that is presently visible, click “New”.
- “Manually Setup or Additional Server Types” should be select.
- Enter your login information after choosing “Internet email”.
- Select IMAP as the account type.
- Name your incoming server as “imap.gmail.com” and your outgoing server as “smtp.gmail.com”.
- Select “My outgoing server requires authentication” in the “More Settings” window’s Outgoing Server tab by clicking on “More Settings.”
- Set the receiving server port to 993 and choose SSL as the encryption type under the advanced tab.
- Put 465 as the outgoing server port.
- Test the account settings after clicking “OK”.
- Click “Finish” to finish the configuration.
Transfer All Data from the Email Account to the Windows Outlook Mailbox
You may now transfer the OLM data directly to the Windows Outlook program as the email account is already set up in Windows Outlook.
These instructions will let you manually convert OLM to PST on Mac OS and effectively move your data to Windows Outlook.
When switching from a Mac to a Windows PC and needing to access your Outlook for Mac data in Windows Outlook, converting OLM to PST is crucial. Although there are manual technique, employ a professional OLM to PST converting tool is strongly advise for quick and easy conversion. You can without put much effort transfer your email information, contacts, calendars, and other data to Windows Outlook with the correct solution, assuring ongoing productivity on your new Windows PC.