Most students are clueless after they finish high school. However, SAT allows them to build the professional careers of their choice. Most students write SAT to understand their interests. Hence, it is ideal for taking SAT Training to score well on the exam to pursue your dreams.
In this blog, you will learn in detail about the SAT exam.
What is SAT?
SAT refers to the Scholastic Assessment Test. It is an exam for high school pass outs who want to attend college for undergraduate programs. SAT scores are acceptable in various countries globally.
The duration of the SAT exam is three hours. The subjects in the exam are Maths, Evidence-based reading and writing, and an optional essay for which the student can take an extra 50 minutes. It is a popular and crucial examination for high school pass outs to enter college.
What is the syllabus of SAT?
The SAT exam has three sections. The syllabus of three different sections is as follows:
- The reading section comprises five comprehension passages.
- Each passage has around 10-11 questions.
- The reading section of the SAT exam evaluates a student’s ability to comprehend written text and understand the meaning of words in different contexts and their associated terms with definitions.
- The reading sections are as follows:
- Comprehension with a duration of 25 minutes.
- Completion of Sentences within 25 minutes.
- Critical Reading with a period of 20 minutes.
- The writing section in the SAT exam has four passages with 10-11 questions each.
- The questions usually involve finding errors, rephrasing, and rewriting highlighted sentences with an alternative text.
- The section usually tests a student’s capability of understanding grammar and vocabulary.
- It comprises two sub-sections, each with duration of 25 minutes.
- Students cannot use a calculator in the SAT mathematics exam for the first subsection.
- The second subsection is 55 minutes, and students can use a calculator.
- The entire section has 58 questions that cover the basics of mathematics.
- The syllabus of the Mathematics section includes algebra, statistics, geometry, arithmetic, probability, data interpretation, and problem-solving questions.
- The section has three major divisions-
- Algebra and functions with duration of 25 minutes.
- Geometry Statistics with duration of 20 minutes.
- Data analysis and Probability with duration of 20 minutes.
4. Optional Essay.
- It comprises an essay question of 650-700 words.
- The optional essay tests students’ English comprehension skills and writing quality.
How to apply for the SAT examination?
You can apply for the SAT examination in two different ways. They are:
SAT Online Registration
The following are the steps for SAT online registration:
- You must visit the College Board’s official website.
- You must create your account.
- You must submit all the required details.
- You must choose the SAT exam and your nearest test center.
- You must upload your clear photograph.
- You must finally pay the application fee to complete the registration process.
SAT Registration by Mail
The following are the steps to register for SAT exam via Mail:
- Initially, you will need ‘The Student Registration Guide for the SAT and SAT Subject Tests,’ available at every school.
- The guide comes with a registration form and a return envelope.
- You must fill out the form and send it with a demand draft.
.The mailed forms will reach the regional office at the earliest for your registration to happen.
SAT is famous exam students from various countries take to enroll in top undergraduate programs. It is also crucial to undergo SAT Training with professional guidance for good scores on the exam. Today there are so many online and offline institutes that prepare students for the SAT exam. It will help if you choose wisely your suitable coaching option.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is SAT online coaching a good option?
- SAT online coaching can be a great option as it has many benefits like time-saving, comprehensive study, and economical.
- What is the duration of the SAT examination?
- The SAT examination is for three hours and 15 minutes. If you’re opting for the optional essay section, you will get extra 50 minutes.
- What are the topics in the SAT exam?
- The SAT exam has three sections- Reading and Writing, Mathematics, and Optional Essays.
- What is the ideal score on the SAT exam?
- Ideally, you can get admission to the best colleges worldwide with an SAT score above 1350.
- What are the eligibility criteria for SAT?
- Students who have successfully cleared their high school can appear for the SAT exam.